Three Important Reasons Why You Need to Start Online Dating Today.
1. A Lot of Singles in One Place 2. Get to Know the Person Thoroughly Before Meeting in Real 3. Save Time and Money
The negative stigma attached to online dating is a thing of the past and it’s time to give it a shot
If you’ve been reticent to try online dating because you like to do it the “old fashioned” way or you’re afraid of internet predators, it’s time to put your hold-ups on hold and get in the game. Once you get started, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised by the options available for your online trysts, not to mention the sheer number of people who are looking for love. So boot up, log on, and start searching for “the one”. Here are a few reasons to try it.
- No obligation. Since you can be more or less anonymous about your identity online (you don’t have to post photos or even use your real name in some cases), there is no guilt if you don’t end up liking the person you chat with or if you stand them up for a date.
- Bigger pool. Think about the number of chances you have to socialize in a given day. Maybe you have potential mates in your office, you’re a member of a club, or you go out to the bar on weekends. But likely you’re looking at a limited dating pool. If you want to expand your circle, there are millions of prospective matches online.
- Search options. Most sites have a variety of search options to help you find what you’re looking for, from location to age to occupation to physical appearance (and many more). The real world equivalent would include everyone wearing a sign with pertinent information around their necks.
- Specialty sites. If you’re into green living, there’s a dating site for that. Do you have a fetish? You can find others who want to participate. No matter what niche you’re seeking, there’s likely a specialty dating site devoted to it.
- Compatibility matches. If you’ve seen the CoupleMatch ads, you know that most of the high-end dating websites offer to match you to a potential partner based on compatibility tests. In short, you don’t even have to do the searching.
- Background checks. Some sites even offer to check into the background of anyone who registers with them to make sure you’re not getting set up with some kind of psychopath or convicted criminal.
- New experience. It’s always good to go out on a limb and try something new. A little adventure in life couldn’t hurt, and as dating goes, this could be even safer than meeting some random stranger in a bar.
- Get to know someone before you meet. Most real-world dating is based on one of two premises: you meet someone and you are attracted to them physically, or you get set up on a blind date. Neither is ideal for finding a good love match. At least online, you’ll know you have something in common before you have that first date.
- Dictate your terms. You have standards. There’s nothing wrong with that. If the person you’re chatting with is jobless, homeless, or completely humorless, you don’t have to waste time and money on a dinner date. Just look for someone else.
- Meet someone new! The real reason for any type of dating is to meet someone new, and online dating is no different. Plus, it allows you to field several candidates at once and predetermine the best possible match through careful consideration of a number of factors. With so many possible benefits, there’s really no reason not to hop online and find your true love!
They Have No Time
this is a classic reason for joining a dating site. Some people are so busy with work or other life responsibilities that there is simply no time to go out and meet people/date.
My cousin is a good example of this. He’s a hardcore lawyer (while I’m sleeping until noon, he’s prosecuting people for murder) and he had to join a dating site as a tool to help out with that part of his life.
They Think They Have No Game
I referenced my friend Jenn recently. She pulled me in to her office and told me she had joined a dating site, and it felt like a landmark moment in her life. I asked her what motivated her to sign up for a dating site and she replied:
I have no game – So, why not get some kind of agent to help, I suppose? It’s a shame that dating the “old fashioned way” has pushed my friend in to not believing in her self like that.
They’re Fed Up With the Meet Market
After a while, going out to bars to meet people gets frustrating. For me, it’s going out, barely and collecting numbers that never amount to anything. You’re never sure what anyone is thinking in the Meet Market-it sometimes feels like you’re spinning your wheels.
The Meet Market is much more difficult after college ends. In school, it was easy to find women-they were plentiful, and we were in our own bubble. But these days, in the professional world, people are distracted and, once you meet someone, it’s rare that you run into them again randomly like you might have in college.
My friend raves since joining Match.com. I suppose if two people on the site are willing, and match up, then why not?
They Want A Singles Environment
On a dating site, you can avoid the mystery you usually have to deal with. You never know what’s going on in someone’s head when you’re hitting on them. Naturally, people on a dating site are looking, and they won’t mind if you hit on them or contact them.
They Want A “Storable” Experience
It’s tough for me to find cute girls who like good music, or have similar interests. On a dating site, you can cut to the chase and streamline your search so you can find the most compatible person based on interests, tastes, etc.
Do you agree with my reasons people join dating sites, and my reasons that I’m hesitant to join them? What reasons do you think people join dating sites?